Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

We´re in Bolivia and have been to the meat markets.

We´ve been in Bolivia for the month of Oct. We started at Lake Titicaca on the Peru-Bolivia border, we to La Paz, the highest capital city, then have been in Sucre since the middle of Oct. We have spent a lot of time at the markets, especially the meat section. We gawk at the pig and cattle hooves...

and the cattle tails...


 the brains...



the butcher and his hacksaw ...


and the cattle tongues

Trust us, nothing is wasted. You can find every part imaginable (and unimaginable).

Cheers for now.


3 comments:

  1. That's enough to make you become a vegetarian. I guess I don't like to see some of my food before it's cooked and I can no longer tell what or where it came from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK you guys, now I'm grossed out (the brains were bad enough but then the hacksaw??!!)!
    Unbelievable blogs/pictures/adventures - you're both amazing!!
    Happy Hannukah Pat - we had some crispy latke's (not the delicious sounding things you mentioned a few entries back) with sour cream and applesauce last night, lit the candles and played dreidle with Michael and girlfriend Angela.

    thinking about you both a lot lately - hope all is well,
    love you,
    Julie (and Jim)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't see myself buying a hoof at the market. I could never be a butcher either! Anyway, super interesting photos! Keep 'em comin'! Love & Miss you!
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete